- August 2017 – Extract from Cairn Fowk Newsletter sent to Dee Ukes by Cathy Hamilton MBE.
Liz Crawford formed Dee Ukes in 2014 as a University of the Third Age group, starting with 12 people and now grown to 30. They practice weekly and have a busy performance schedule in care homes, sheltered housing, gala days and community events. Exciting performances have included at Perth Concert Hall, The Space in Dundee
and Frigate Unicorn to launch the Luminate Festival in 2016 which was reported on STV. They like to share their music and their sense of fun, and they filled the room with
music which had most people singing along, smiling and laughing. They got a big cheer of appreciation.
- 03/07/2017 – Andy Agnew, Chief Engineer, Radio Tay
- 07/06/2017 Penny Ward – delighted to vote, still feel the benefits of your lovely group.. it really lifted me to new heights
thank you, I really mean that – you gave me confidence to sing with other,, and it was fun..
- 05/06/2017 – Avril Garnett, Clerical Asistant, North East Development Team, Dundee
- 05/05/2017 – Dave Sutherland, Senior Social care Officer, Beech Hill House, Forfar:Can I just thank you and your amazing group for yet another thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of music and laughter. The feedback from all those that attended was very positive and it was good to see the residents joining in with your wide selection of songs. I`ve attached a couple of pictures that I took on my phone that you can use. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future (hopefully I will have learned a further few chords). Regards, Dave
- 17/05/2017 – St James Church, Fort Street, Broughty Ferry – With our thanks for bringing SO MUCH JOY.
- February 2017 – Riverview Lodge Care Home: Letter in the Telegraph.
- 21/12/2016 – Anne H: I am just soooo impressed at what Dee Ukes have done this year. You have all really made such a difference to the lives of all the people you’ve played and sung for. How many gigs have you done this year I wonder? Your enthusiasm and warmth comes across to your audience and that’s why you keep getting asked back ! My only worry is that you all may have put on a few pounds after all these mince pies! Well done Liz and Dee Ukes – you’re just marvellous!
- 28/10/2016 – Carol Roulston, Secretary Tealing WRI:
Just a wee note to say thankyou for your wonderful entertainment at our function in Tealing Hall last night. Your range of music was excellent and there was something for everyone. You are such a cheery, positive group and your enthusiasm is infectious. The evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Thank you so much. (Tealing WRI)
- 19/05/2016 – Debbie: Great bunch of people…so colourful..😎 cheered up my rainy afternoon for sure ..