- Balgay Bowling Club, 26th February 2018 – Lorna Robbie: Thanks to you and your group for your performance yesterday. Your enthusiasm is infectious and it was great to hear folk singing along to everything from Al Jolson to Status Quo. It’s also great to see your group members smiling. They obviously enjoy what they do, and their talent shines through. I particularly liked the input from lady on the “mouthie” in the back row. Sorry, I didn’t catch her name. It was a great afternoon for our members and has got me thinking I could maybe learn a musical instrument after all. Maybe one day. As you said, it’s a nice wee hall. If you ever need a venue for a charity performance, it’s maybe somewhere you would want to consider.Thanks again for everything and pass on our thanks to your proficient and enthusiastic players.
- St Luke’s Church Charity Concert, 3rd November 2017 – David Wilson–Wynne: (Tenor Singer). You guys were simply fantastic last night as St Luke’s Concert! Such an inspiring group of people, I just couldn’t stop smiling! Well Done 😀
- Dee Ukes for Maggie’s Dundee, 28th October 2017 – Hazel Makin – I would like to say congratulations on a great afternoon yesterday. What a super time we had, you all performed so well. Looking forward to another enjoyable evening tonight.
- Kaz Jacks – Fantastic afternoon for a great cause. I took my 22year old daughter with me, who was bopping in her seat, and said she had been smiling all afternoon …… she wants a Uke.
- Festival of Politics 21st October 2017 – Ronnie Galloway – I was impressed by the enthusiasm and performance of the group. I was surprised when I went online and found that you are a U3A group. I am a member of Dumfries U3A. I like your website and your photos page. I was impressed by your songsheets page.
- October 2017 – Alex Walker – Fabulous Dee ukes great performance 🙂
- October 2017 – Michael Rosenberg – Great song, done really well. Good to see so many familiar faces.
- September 2017 – Charlie Milne, Trinity Parish Church
- August 2017 – Extract from Cairn Fowk Newsletter sent to Dee Ukes by Cathy Hamilton MBE.
Liz Crawford formed Dee Ukes in 2014 as a University of the Third Age group, starting with 12 people and now grown to 30. They practice weekly and have a busy performance schedule in care homes, sheltered housing, gala days and community events. Exciting performances have included at Perth Concert Hall, The Space in Dundee
and Frigate Unicorn to launch the Luminate Festival in 2016 which was reported on STV. They like to share their music and their sense of fun, and they filled the room with
music which had most people singing along, smiling and laughing. They got a big cheer of appreciation.
- 03/07/2017 – Andy Agnew, Chief Engineer, Radio Tay
- 07/06/2017 Penny Ward – delighted to vote, still feel the benefits of your lovely group.. it really lifted me to new heights
thank you, I really mean that – you gave me confidence to sing with other,, and it was fun..
- 05/06/2017 – Avril Garnett, Clerical Asistant, North East Development Team, Dundee
- 05/05/2017 – Dave Sutherland, Senior Social care Officer, Beech Hill House, Forfar:Can I just thank you and your amazing group for yet another thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of music and laughter. The feedback from all those that attended was very positive and it was good to see the residents joining in with your wide selection of songs. I`ve attached a couple of pictures that I took on my phone that you can use. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future (hopefully I will have learned a further few chords). Regards, Dave
- 17/05/2017 – St James Church, Fort Street, Broughty Ferry – With our thanks for bringing SO MUCH JOY.
- February 2017 – Riverview Lodge Care Home: Letter in the Telegraph.
- 21/12/2016 – Anne H: I am just soooo impressed at what Dee Ukes have done this year. You have all really made such a difference to the lives of all the people you’ve played and sung for. How many gigs have you done this year I wonder? Your enthusiasm and warmth comes across to your audience and that’s why you keep getting asked back ! My only worry is that you all may have put on a few pounds after all these mince pies! Well done Liz and Dee Ukes – you’re just marvellous!
- 28/10/2016 – Carol Roulston, Secretary Tealing WRI:
Just a wee note to say thankyou for your wonderful entertainment at our function in Tealing Hall last night. Your range of music was excellent and there was something for everyone. You are such a cheery, positive group and your enthusiasm is infectious. The evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Thank you so much. (Tealing WRI)
- 19/05/2016 – Debbie: Great bunch of people…so colourful..😎 cheered up my rainy afternoon for sure ..