Dee Ukes have had a busy few days starting with Fintry Church Gala Day on Saturday 19th August. Fortunately the rain stayed away for most of the day and there was no shortage of people enjoying the many different activities on offer outside: kiddies rides, bouncy castle, climbing wall and fund raising stalls from various community groups.
The indoor music entertainment was provided by the Finmill Guitar Group, U3A Folksingers, Strings Entwined and Dee Ukes. It was great to hear such a variety of songs and musical arrangements. Everyone did really well and those who managed to locate where the entertainment was seemed to enjoy what was on offer. You can see and hear some of the action below.
You can see how much fun we have from the pics below.
On Monday 21st August Dee Ukes were back across the river for another visit to the residents of Riverview Lodge Care Home. Jenny always makes us feel so welcome and works hard at involving the residents who were engaging well with our songs. As we didn’t have our rainmaker with us, Jenny came to the rescue and found a plastic shaker to improvise making rain sounds. Unfortunately it sounded more like a wild hurricane! 10 out of 10 for effort Jenny. You gave everyone a good laugh with that and also with your ‘Morecambe & Wise Dance’. A star in the making! 🙂
22/08/17 Round up:
- We spent quite a bit of time discussing ‘business matters’ including photoshoot and arrangements for Edinburgh.
- Songs practised:
- Memory songs – We tried out Pat’s idea re delivery of the songs and it worked well, but we need to be able to play both from memory, so keep practising.
- Elvis Mega Medley – version 1.3 is on the website if anyone doesn’t have it. We tidied up the transition on page 2 and it is working well.
- We’re Not Going To Take It – no problems. We just need to keep practising.
- Bob Dylan Medley – We took some time to sort out some phrasing issues and also experimented with introducing mouth organ parts. I have done a version 1.1 which is now on the website.
As always, Dee Ukes are very busy with all sorts of fun activities happening. Thanks everyone. 🙂